IWC 2020 Shipping
|IWC 2020||Tranche 1||Tranche 2|
|Consolidated shipping deadline for France and Italy (Hellmann)||4th October 2019||28th February 2020|
|Consolidated shipping deadline for Rest of World (Hellmann)||11th October 2019||11th March 2020|
|Private shipping from outside UK deadline||24th October 2019||19th March 2020|
|Private shipping from UK||Between 28th October and 1st November 2019||Between 23rd March and 31st March 2020|
German Italian Portuguese Spanish
Packing your Samples
- Only use the offical IWC shipping label and airway bill sent to you automatically after you have submitted your entry
- The IWC shipping labels have a unique barcode which will allow the IWC to track your shipment once it arrives at the judging venue
- If you are using a private courier please stick your official IWC labels on the side of your boxes. This is to prevent courier companies sticking labels over IWC address labels
- If you are using a private courier please mark "Shipper accepts charges" on your couriers' shipping forms to ensure that all costs get charged to you. Keep a copy of this, it is required by Hellmann Worldwide Logistic as proof that UK Duties have been paid.
WARNING: Private shipping companies like DHL, FedEx and TNT do not include excise duties, due when the wines arrive in the UK when sent in the EU. These fees are payable to Revenue & Customs (HMR&C). Hellmann Worldwide Logistics are legally required to collect and pay any customs duties and will charge this and an administration fee for this service. This administration fee is £55 per entry.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We recommend that you use the FOB (Free on Board) IWC Shipping Service. The cost is £55 per entry and covers: all charges associated with duty, storage, carriage UK clearance and taxes on samples supplied. For this you must use the approved Hellmann Worldwide Logistics shipping agents as listed below.
This service is cheaper and more reliable than other services like DHL, TNT, FedEx etc. Please do not use standard postal systems. They always get held up at customs, and we are unable to clear or collect.
- The freight charges will only be paid if the entrant ensures delivery is received into a Hellmann Worldwide Logistics approved Agent depot by the official country deadline - see list below for details.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to pay all delivery charges up to the point where their local Hellmann Worldwide Logistics approved shipping agent receives the samples.
- The entrant is responsible for contacting their local Hellmann Worldwide Logistics approved shipping agent and to deliver the wine samples to this agent before the country deadline - see list below for details.
- Boxes containing wine samples must be clearly labelled on the outside. Submitters must use the address labels that the IWC will send to them by email after submission of their entry.
- Submitters using a Hellmann Worldwide Logistics agent for shipping their samples will have to attach 5 copies of the airway bill which will be sent to them by email after submission of their entry.
- No wine deliveries will be accepted at the William Reed Business Media offices in Crawley, West Sussex.
- Late arrivals will not be accepted and neither credits nor refunds will be issued if the forms or wines fail to arrive on time.
- The alcohol level must be included on the entry form/s as this figure is used to calculate duty levels. See point 4 on the entry form.
- If you choose to use your own carrier service you are fully responsible for all transportation costs including taxes, duty and storage and when the package arrives in the UK.
- UK Duty. All wines entering the UK are liable for duty. Current duty rates for still wines are £2.23 per bottle (75cl) sparkling wine £2.86, fortified wines £2.98 plus VAT. The fee for the IWC Global Shipping Service includes these charges.
- BOXES MUST BE LABELLED WITH INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2020 OFFICIAL LABELS. These will be sent to you by the IWC after you have submitted your wines.