Frequently Asked Questions
1. Forgotten your password?
- Use the link 'Forgotten password?'. An email will be sent to the contact email address for your Company's account.
- Email the IWC your company name or Company ID and a member of the IWC team will come back to you as soon as possible.
2. When do I need to submit my entries for the IWC 2018
The deadline for online entries for Tranche 1 is 20 October 2017 and for paper entries, 5 October 2017. The deadline for online entries for Tranche 2 is 10 March 2018 and for paper entries 13 February 2018. If you have not entered before, you can create an account here and will be notified when entries open.
3. How many samples do I need to send?
Four (4) bottles of each wine must be submitted for every entry to the International Wine Challenge. Wines will be tasted up to three times and on different days. An extra bottle is necessary to allow for an out of condition sample. If a wine is entered into the Discovery Tasting submit two (2) more bottles.
4. Can I only enter the Discovery Tasting and not the International Wine Challenge?
The Discovery Tasting is only open to IWC entrants and only wines that don’t yet have an importer to the UK are eligible to participate.
5. What format should my VAT registration number appear in?
To see a list of international VAT registration number formats click here.
6. Cancellation Policy
Withdrawal of entries
To cancel an entry you must email the IWC here with the name of the wine to be deleted and the name of the company deleting the entry. Entry fees can only be refunded in full if the cancellation is made before the last date for shipping.
CANCELLATIONS AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
7. What are Tranche 1 and Tranche 2
There are now two separate tastings taking place in November and April respectively. Tranche 1 and Tranche 2 together form the IWC competition and the process, tasting and judging procedures are the same. Producers can decide which time best fits into their schedule and therefore which Tranche to enter – but please note wines of a particular vintage and non-vintage wine can only be entered once, in either Tranche 1 or Tranche 2.