- Login or Create an Account: If you're new to the IWC or need a quick refresh, start by logging in or creating an account here. For queries regarding your company's existing account, please contact Kate Labate.
- Fill Out the Wine Entry Form: In your account, you'll find the wine entry form. To assist you, we've compiled a checklist of mandatory data required for each wine. Completing this form accurately is crucial for a smooth entry process.
- Submit Your Entries: After filling out the form, proceed to payment. You can choose to pay via credit card or request an invoice at checkout.
- Prepare Your Samples: Each wine entry requires four bottles. Make sure you've securely packaged your samples for safe transit.
- Labeling and Shipping: Print the IWC barcode delivery label and airway bill (emailed to you with your entry confirmation). Write the number of bottles in each box on the delivery label, then attach both the label and airway bill to the box. Ship your samples using one of the following methods:
- Private Courier
- Consolidated Shipping with Hillebrand Gori
- Via Your UK Importer
We understand the importance of timely updates. Rest assured that we will share your results in your IWC account and on our website on 16 May 2024.
To review the detailed rules of entry, please click here.
If you require any assistance or have questions during the entry process, our dedicated IWC team is here to help. You can find our contact details here.
Join us in the pursuit of wine excellence at the IWC. We look forward to celebrating your exceptional wines with the world.
Rules of Entry International Wine Challenge 2023 ('IWC')
1. Organiser & Data Controller
The organiser and data controller of the IWC is:
William Reed Ltd
- Broadfield Park, Crawley, RH11 9RT, United Kingdom (DO NOT send samples to this address)
- Tel: +44 (0)1293 610 395
- Fax: +44 (0)1293 846 575
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Availability of wines in the UK
If the wines you are entering are available in the UK it is preferred that your UK representative submit the wines on your behalf. If your wines are not available in the UK and you wish to enter the Discovery Tasting please ensure you answer 'yes' to question 2 on the entry form and pay the additional fee.
3. Entry Fee
- Online entry £153 per wine plus VAT*
- Entry into the Discovery Tasting costs £79 per wine plus VAT* in addition to IWC entry fee.
- International samples shipped (4 bottles per entry) using our approved shipping partner is an additional £63.50 plus VAT*
- International samples shipped using our approved shipping partner for entries that include the Discovery Tasting (where 2 extra samples are required) is an additional TBC plus VAT*
*UK only. European companies with a valid VAT registration number do not have to pay UK VAT. Countries outside the EU do not pay UK VAT.
Entry fees must be received prior to 17th April 2024 or the entry will be disqualified.
4. Payment Methods
Online payment can be made by most credit cards. You can also request an invoice in £, € or US$.
Invoices can be paid by payment card simply go to our invoice payment portal at https://ipp.wrbm.com and enter the details from your invoice. Invoices can also be paid by cheque or bank transfer. All payments must be made in the currency stated on your invoice and cheques should be made payable to "William Reed Ltd".
5. Entry forms
Entries must be submitted before: 15th March 2024
6. Criteria for entrya. Wine that is produced for commercial availability (cellar door, online or in store) can enter.
b. All wines submitted must be made solely from the partial or complete alcoholic fermentation of grapes or grape must.
c. All wines must be labelled in accordance with the European Union provisions. Showing the name of the region and geographical area of origin of the wines.
d. Wines produced in one country and bottled in another are allowed to enter the competition.
e. All wines submitted must be sold fitted with a non-reusable sealing or closing device. The IWC accept sealed screwcap bottles which will be opened during the competition.
f. Unfinished samples will not be judged by the International Wine Challenge.
g. Temporary labels are accepted but the information that appears on these labels must be the same as the information that will appear on the final label.
h. By entering the IWC you consent to your bottles being photographed for the image to be uploaded against your result on the IWC Website. Temporary labels will need updating with final bottle image, so please avoid using temporary labels.
There is one tasting for the 2024 competition in April 2024. The delivery deadlines for samples are:
Wines sent from outside the UK via consolidated shipping: by 5 February 2024
Wines sent from outside the UK via a private courier: by 15 March 2024
Wines sent from within the UK : 25 March 2024
For international samples we strongly recommend that you use the IWC global shipping service by Hellmann Worldwide Logistics. Four bottles of each wine must be submitted for every entry to the IWC. Wines can be tasted on up to three separate occasions during the IWC judging process, and one bottle to allow for an out of condition sample.
Wine sent using private courier must be sent Duty Paid. Wines cannot be accepted if the charges associated with shipping have not been paid. Any penalty and additional cost incurred will be borne by the entrant.
If a wine is entered into the Discovery Tasting a further two bottles are required.
ALL WINE SAMPLES WILL BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE IWC ONCE RECEIVED BY IWC
Information on shipping your wines can be found here
8. Discovery Tasting
To submit a wine into the Discovery Tasting the wine entered must not have any UK representation at the time of submission. Wines that are found to have an importer will be excluded from the Discovery Tasting and neither credits nor refunds will be issued if the wines are ineligible for tasting. Should a UK importer be assigned to the wine after the entry is made and notification is given in writing before the first date of judging (15 April 2024) for IWC 2024 then the Discovery Tasting may be cancelled and the supplementary fee will be refunded.
To enter a wine into the Discovery Tasting please answer 'yes' to question 2 of the entry form and specify your target market
On trade: bars, restaurants, hotels and clubs
Off trade: independent merchants, supermarkets and online retailers
9. Withdrawal of entries
To cancel an entry you must email the IWC here with the name of the wine to be withdrawn and the name of the company deleting the entry. Entry fees can only be refunded in full if the cancellation is made before the first date of IWC judging 2024 (15 April 2024)
CANCELLATIONS AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. If the entrant has used the IWC consolidated shipping service prior to cancelling the entry, the shipping fee will not be refunded.
10. If the same wine is entered by different companies
When the same wine is being submitted by more than one company, all entrants' names will be featured equally in the report of the tasting. Fees for multiple entries will not be refunded.
11. Medal Images
Winners of IWC medals are licensed to replicate the appropriate 2023 medal image on their marketing material only until 31st December 2025.
Winners can download standard resolution medal artwork for free. Winners who wish to replicate an IWC medal image on a relevant bottle may purchase IWC Medal stickers or a licence to use high resolution artwork for such purpose by logging into their account here.