Italian Portuguese Spanish
Being part of the International Wine Challenge carries a number of significant benefits.
International Wine Challenge, the world's most rigorous, impartial and influential wine competition, gives medal winners a global platform.
6 key reasons to enter
1) It’s the most influential wine competition in the world. Winning a medal at the IWC is the ultimate third party endorsement of your brand.
Faouzi Issa, winemaker and managing director of Domaine des Tourelles in Lebanon - IWC Great Value Champion Red 2018 - says:
''We are increasing our production to meet the growing demand from our export markets. Since being awarded the IWC Great Value Champion Red Trophy in July, we have seen our orders increase.”
2) Entering the competition is also an excellent way to benchmark your wines against the rest of the world.
3) The results receive widespread coverage online and in newspapers and magazines, reaching an estimated 1.2 billion people worldwide (2019 media coverage).
4) To help medal-winning producers make the most of their success, the IWC produces high-shine foil bottle stickers. These stickers are a proven sales tool that can directly influence a customer’s purchasing decision. An independent study has shown that IWC medal stickers increase average sales of an award-winning wine by 24% and also encourage shoppers to spend a little extra.
Jack Merrylees, PR and Events Manager at Majestic Wine, says:
“Having award-winning wines highlighted in our stores gives both our expert staff and our customers the confidence to try a bottle.”
5) If a wine is worth a medal, it will win a medal. Every wine entered into the competition is tasted by a minimum of 12 different judges including Masters of Wine. This process, along with the unbiased nature of the expert judging, ensures that no good wines miss out on a medal from the IWC.
6) The IWC brings together many of the most important people in the wine world. 460 wine experts from more than 38 countries judged the competition in 2019.