Rules of Entry IWC 2017
The organiser of the International Wine Challenge is:
William Reed Business Media Ltd
- Broadfield Park, Crawley, RH11 9RT, United Kingdom (DO NOT send samples to this address)
- Tel: +44 (0)1293 610 417
- Fax: +44 (0)1293 846 575
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Availability of wines in the UK
If your wines are available in the UK it is preferred that your UK representative submit the wines on your behalf. If your wines are not available in the UK and you wish to enter the Discovery Tasting please ensure you answer 'yes' to question 2 on the entry form and pay the additional fee.
- Online entry £111 per wine plus VAT*
- Paper entry £140 per wine plus VAT*
- Entry into the Discovery Tasting costs £55 per wine plus VAT* in addition to online or paper entry fee.
- International samples shipped using our approved shipping partner is an additional £47 plus VAT*
- International samples shipped using our approved shipping partner for entries that include the Discovery Tasting (where 2 extra samples are required) is an additional £49.16 plus VAT*
*UK only. European companies with a valid VAT registration number do not have to pay UK VAT. Countries outside the EU do not pay UK VAT.
Online payment can be made by most credit cards. You can also request an invoice in £, € or US$.
Invoices can be paid by payment card simply go to our invoice payment portal at https://ipp.wrbm.com and enter the details from your invoice. Invoices can also be paid by cheque or bank transfer. All payments must be made in the currency stated on your invoice and cheques should be made payable to "William Reed Business Media Ltd".
Online entries must be submitted before:
Tranche 1 - 3 November 2016
Tranche 2 - 16 March 2017
Paper entry forms must arrive on or before:
Tranche 1 - 20 October 2016
Tranche 2 - 23 February 2017
Completed paper entry forms should be sent to the International Wine Challenge at the organisers address (see top of page). Upon receipt of your entry, we will send an invoice, which must be paid before judging. Incomplete entries cannot be accepted. Proof of postage or submission will not be deemed to be proof of delivery.
Criteria for entry
- Wines must be commercially available.
- All wines submitted must be made solely from the partial or complete alcoholic fermentation of grapes or grape must.
- All wines must be labelled in accordance with the European Union provisions. Showing the name of the region and geographical area of origin of the wines.
- Wines produced in one country and bottled in another are allowed to enter the competition.
- All wines submitted must be sold fitted with a non-reusable sealing or closing device. The IWC accept sealed screwcap bottles which will be opened during the competition.
- Unfinished samples will not be judged by the International Wine Challenge.
- Temporary labels are accepted but the information that appears on these labels must be the same as the information that will appear on the final label. Please note all bottles are photographed for the IWC free mobile app therefore avoid using temporary labels.
The delivery deadlines for samples are:
IWC shipping service using Hellmann Beverage Logistics:
Tranche 1 - 21 October 2016
Tranche 2 - 10 March 2017
Wines sent to the UK via a private courier:
Tranche 1 - 7 - 11 November 2016 ONLY
Tranche 2 - 13 - 31 March 2017 ONLY
For international samples we recommend that you use the IWC global shipping service by Hellmann Beverage Logistics. Four bottles of each wine must be submitted for every entry to the International Wine Challenge. Wines may be tasted up to three times, entrants must submit three bottles to allow for this and one spare bottle to allow for an out of condition sample.
If a wine is entered in to the Discovery Tasting a further two bottles are required.
ALL SAMPLES WILL BECOME PROPERTY OF THE ORGANISER.
Information on shipping your wines can be found here
To submit a wine into the Discovery Tasting the wine entered must not have any UK representation at the time of submission. Wines that are found to have an importer will be excluded from the Discovery Tasting and neither credits nor refunds will be issued if the wines are ineligible for tasting. Should a UK importer be assigned to the wine after the entry is made and notification is given in writing before 11 November 2016 for Tranche 1 or 31 March 2017 for Tranche 2 then the entry may be cancelled and the entry fee will be refunded in full.
To enter a wine into the Discovery Tasting please answer 'yes' to question 2 of the entry form and specify your target market
On trade: bars, restaurants, hotels and clubs
Off trade: independent merchants, supermarkets and online retailers
Withdrawal of entries
To cancel an entry you must email the IWC here with the name of the wine to be withdrawn and the name of the company deleting the entry. Entry fees can only be refunded in full if the cancellation is made before 11 November 2016 for Tranche 1 or 31 March 2017 for Tranche 2.
CANCELLATIONS AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
If the same wine is entered by different companies
When the same wine is being submitted by more than one company, all entrants' names will be featured equally in the report of the tasting. Fees for multiple entries will not be refunded.